lunes, 15 de mayo de 2017

Themed post 2: A FAVOURITE ARTIST / PIECE OF ART



Hi readers!


In today's blog entry I will tell you about my favorite artist.

Cecilia Vicuña is a poet, artist, filmmaker and activist. She born in Santiago de Chile, she has been in exile since the early 1970s. Vicuña began creating "precarious works" and Quipus in the mid 1960s in Chile, as a way of mix the ancestral and the avant-garde.
Cecilia vicuña has used pre-Columbian textile art as a reference to develop his authentic work. For this reason is that one of my favorite works is the collection of Quipus. She has many Quipus, but my favorite is the “Menstrual Quipu”.

The Quipu was a tool used by the Incas to carry out registration and accounting, Was an article made with wool and knots, each knot represents a number or a quantity. It is important the use of the Quipus for the Andean civilizations since it was also used as rosaries in Catholic churches. Has many hidden meanings and ancestral messages. Cecilia vicuña rescues some of its characteristics and brings its to our time.

I met the Quipus of Cecilia Vicuña investigating about textile art. She is known worldwide and has exhibited her work in different museums around the world.

I like the work of Cecilia Vicuña because it rescues an ancestral 
language and redefine it. I think that is the way in which art 
must be manifested, like a mixture of knowledge.

Upload some photos of the Quipu and I will leave
the link of the work Quipu Menstrual. 

http://www.quipumenstrual.cl/
https://vimeo.com/163000731


1 comentario: